In addition to the full print edition, the Machinery’s Handbook CD-ROM also includes almost 1,000 pages of additional data, mostly material that was published in previous print editions but subsequently removed due to space restrictions. This includes additional indexes of the entire content, expanded tables of popular content, original material on many topics from previous print editions, and the entire contents of the companion book Machinery’s Handbook, 30th Edition, Guide.
New to the 30th Edition:
- Expanded metrology section, including v-blocks and micrometer, vernier, and dial calipers.
- New fluid power section covering pneumatic,hydraulic, and vacuum theory and applications.
- New powder metallurgy section, including additive manufacturing.
- Even more useful specs, including tap drill sizes for Unified threads, reaming allowances for drilling, mesh and grit sizes, rules for figuring tapers, and assembly with pins and studs.
- Recently added information on sheet metal and presses, keys and keyways, shaft alignment, taps and tapping, helical coil screw thread inserts, metric screw threads, miniature screws, fluid mechanics, solid geometry, statistics, calculating hole coordinates and thread dimensions, and distinguishing between bolts and screws.
Plus . . .
- Many thoroughly reworked and renovated sections throughout.
- Comprehensive tables of contents at the beginning of each section and extensive indexing.
- Hundreds of new and thousands of refined and redone illustrations and equations.
- Updated standards.
- Expanded metric content.